- Black History Month celebration
- February 7, 2013 5:30 pm
- February 7, 2013 8:30 pm
- January 22, 2013
- Osgoode Hall
130 Queen St. W, Toronto, Ontario, M5H 2N6, Canada
The event, co-hosted by the Law Society and the Canadian Association of Black Lawyers, will feature an excerpt of, Home Again, a film that debuted at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival. The filmmakers of this TIFF film will participate in the panel discussion.
The panel will be moderated by lawyer Kikélola Roach and will include contributions from:
- Dr. Gervan Fearon, Dean, G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education, Ryerson University
- Writer/Director Sudz Sutherland and Writer/Producer Jennifer Holness, Home Again, Hungry Eyes Film & Television Inc.
- Belinda Longe, Principal, Corvette Junior Public School
- D. Alissa Trotz, Associate Professor, Caribbean Studies/Women and Gender Studies, New College, University of Toronto
A reception will follow the discussion. Musical entertainment is generously sponsored by Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP.
Members of the legal profession and the public are welcome, however, space is limited.
Please register by February 5, by email or by calling (416)947-3413 or 1-800-668-7380 ext. 3413