- This event has passed.
Through the Door and at the Table: Women and Racial Diversity
September 21, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Access the Live Webcast.
The Women’s Law Association of Ontario and the Law Society of Upper Canada are pleased to present a panel of diverse women who will speak about their extensive experience in the legal profession. They are in a variety of careers including private practice, government, in-house and the judiciary. The women will touch on issues of gender, race, diversity and inclusion and speak to the ideas of access and power in the legal profession. Please join us to hear interesting insights from our panel and to be inspired.
Moderator: Deepa Jacob, Senior Counsel, Ministry of the Attorney General, Civil Law Division – Government and Consumer Services Branch
- The Honourable Justice Sandra Bacchus, Ontario Court of Justice
- Christa Big Canoe, Legal Advocacy Director, Aboriginal Legal Services
- May M. Cheng, Certified Specialist in IP (Trademark/Copyright), Partner of Fasken Martineau
- Marsha M. Lindsay, Vice-President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Purolator Inc.
- Isfahan Merali, Law Society Bencher and Tribunal Counsel, Consent and Capacity Board
September 21, 2016
Panel Discussion: 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.*
Reception: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen St. W., Toronto
*This program is also available as a live webcast
This program contains 1.5 Professionalism Hours
We have reached our in-person capacity for this event, and are unable to confirm any additional spots at this time.
We encourage you to consider participating in this event by webcast. Please register (and select the By Webcast option).
firstname.lastname@example.org | 416-947-3413 | 1-800-668-7380, ext. 3413
Photographs taken at this public event will be used in Law Society and partner organization print and online publications