- This event has passed.
Women in the Legal Profession – How to be Successful
October 29, 2015 @ 5:30 pm - 8:45 pm
On October 29, join the Law Society, the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) and the Women’s Law Association of Ontario (WLAO) to celebrate and learn from women leaders in the profession.
Program Chair: Audrey Ramsay, Lawyer, Blouin Dunn LLP and Board Member, Ontario Bar Association
Part I: A Conversation with the Judiciary
Moderator: Pascale Daigneault, Fleck Law and former President, OBA
- The Honourable Heather Forster Smith, Chief Justice of the Superior Court of Justice
- The Honourable Faith M. Finnestad, Associate Chief Justice of the Ontario Court of Justice and Co-ordinator of Justices of the Peace
Part II: On Rainmaking and Business Development
Moderator: Patricia Gillette, Senior Counsel, Employment Law, Orrick San Francisco
- Laurie Pawlitza, Partner, Family Law Group, Torkin Manes LLP
- Lisa A. Borsook, Executive Partner, Weir Foulds LLP
- Dorothy Quann, Vice President and General Counsel, Xerox Canada
- May M. Cheng, Partner, Trade-mark Agent, Fasken Martineau
This program contains 2 Professionalism Hours
October 29, 2015
Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen St. W., Toronto
Presentations: 5:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. (registration begins at 5:15 p.m.)
Treasurer’s Reception: 7:45 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
Refreshments will be served at the reception.
In-person registration for this program is now full. Register for the webcast at oba.org/womenleaderswebcast.
Cost (plus HST):
General Admission: $35 | Law Student Rate: $25
If you have any questions, please contact:
email@example.com | 416-869-1047, ext. 304 | 1-800-668-8900, ext. 304
Photographs taken at this public event will be used in Law Society and partner organization print and online publications